Friday 9 August 2019

A new project

This little yard has been totally neglected for the last few years. Before I moved in there was an extension here that previous owners knocked with plans for a new build. The wooden fence was put in place by them and I got the mesh fence put up so the dog could go out when we're not at home. The cats also like to spend time on the fence. Originally there was a door out of the house to here, that I now hope to put in again. Half of the area is in shade for much of the day, but I've noticed that the other side is actually a sheltered suntrap until at least late afternoon, so it might be the perfect place for herbs and other tender plants. 
I now have plans to transform it into a little patio, and possibly put a roof on it eventually. So far I have cleared away the moss and weeds, cleared out the clutter and started turning old pallets that are lying around into useable furniture. I plan to paint it all and make lots of shelves for plants, hang some baskets and lights etc.










Change of design here as I was making the high bench which was a bit unstable.

Plan 1 was to have two like this along here.

but I decided they'd be better as free standing low seats, and also decided to move them to the other side of yard.

The higher bench on the right is supported on the fence, but can lift out for storage underneath. 

The plan now is to make cushions for the low seat and build shelves around to put herbs and plants on. 
The forecast is for showers and extended rain spells for the next few days, so painting will have to wait. I'm planning to reuse things rather than spending lots of money here, and already have a fence paint I bought on sale a few years ago. Hopefully it's enough to do fence and furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.