Sunday 14 April 2019

Pond digging

There are a few days of rain coming so I thought it would be a good idea to get the pond ready today so that rain could fill some or all of it. It was near 3pm before I got a chance to start digging though. I continued until 10.45pm, apart from a few short breaks. I used camping lights to see what I was doing, but there will probably be lots of tidying to do later. I still need to make sure all sharp stones are gone and finish landscaping the edges before putting down the underlay and pond liner. The rain started just as I was walking back to the house. I hope it won't do it any damage, and that it's not too heavy tomorrow so I can finish the job. I can fill it with the hose, but would prefer to catch the rain.

First shelf dug.

Overflow/rain channel. This will be filled with stones and gravel. 


Second layer dug.



I added some of the top soil to this middle bed. Will dig it in later.

Very bad photo, but I filled in the area that was lower around the gravel at the tree trunk. 

I had gotten this far by the time it was getting dark, before I went in for dinner.

I looked up the weather forecast during dinner and discovered the rain was coming very soon, so I went back out with some camping lights to finish the digging.




It's hard to see in the photos, but the pond digging is done apart from some tidying up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.