Wednesday 3 April 2019

Raspberry bed


It was another very changeable day with sun and heavy showers. It was cold and windy too, but I was determined to finish the Raspberry bed today. The last bit of ground was quite hard and stony, so I boxed it off with old tiles and filled it with mulch. I will use it for a pot beside the patio. I've put two of Sunday's purchases in there for now, still in their own pots. The bed was hard work as it was full of scutch grass and the clay soil was wet a lot of the time. I hope all the roots are now out. I've added some good soil and will check it and plant the Raspberry bushes tomorrow. There is some shadow from the polytunnel falling on the bed at this time of year, but I think it will be in sun long enough each day.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.