Wednesday 27 February 2019

Last vegetable bed

We had our first tour group of 2019 today so I didn't get out to the garden until near 5pm this evening. I spent well over an hour weeding the last vegetable bed that I edged yesterday. I got all the big meadowsweet and briar roots out and as much of the grass roots as I could before it got too dark, but this bed was never done before so there's a huge network of roots. I decided in the end to just add a thick layer of newspaper and hope it and the new soil will be enough to keep down the grass.


Wood and pots to keep the paper there overnight. I'll fill this bed tomorrow.

The new lights are working well. 
There was a bat circling around here when I was coming in. Didn't manage to catch it on camera. Fog was descending over the hill too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.