Thursday 14 February 2019

More preparation


I discovered one of the raised beds had collapsed when I went into to greenhouse today. It was much deeper than the others and was leaning a bit yesterday. I decided to put the soil into pots instead ready for seed planting.

Cat enjoying the heat in the greenhouse.

As it was the first real spring-like day we have had I moved outside then and started clearing one of the raised beds. It was full of grass and horsetail roots. I tried to make sure to get every bit of those out as I don't want loads more growing.
I planted carrots here last year, but they disappeared again fairly quickly. I did find a few tiny ones today though. Hopefully I will have more luck planting them from seed this year.


More beds to be prepared.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.