Wednesday 20 February 2019

Strawberries and weeds

Lemonbalm from free Lidl seedpot last year. Tidied up and repotted today. 

Some strawberries moved inside.


Temporary path to escape the mud.

I marked out a new bed here, probably for strawberries as I don't want to block any sunlight. This side is south-facing.

A really long woody root, but for what?

Strange bit of metal I dug up.

This heather appeared in the vegetable bed last year. I've potted it until I decide where it should go. 

I spent most of the afternoon at this bed today. Some strawberry runners were stuck in here last year so I had to find them amongst the weeds. Some have a new home in the greenhouse and more are in pots to be planted out in a new strawberry bed soon. The weeds were mostly annuals with some young grass, buttercup and dandlelions. Part of this bed was under the path before and the soil was much more compacted there. I uncovered an ant nest and old plastic wrappers there too. It was mostly dry, but with some heavy showers today.

Both of these beds are to be filled with more soil yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.